Thursday, October 6, 2011

Grateful

I wanted to write about how grateful I am to be a stay-at-home mom. Yes, some days I wonder if I have lost my mind, or will lose it before my kids are grown! But, as hard as being a mom is, there is no other place that I would rather be than at home watching & helping my children grow.
Yesterday was Ty's class field trip to the fire station & I was lucky enough to attend. I love that I have been blessed enough to be involved in their activities. Even though we have forfeited my salary & many extras along the way, I feel like I (& the kids) have gained something that money could never buy. And with this being Ty's last year of pre-school, I have been thinking lately about how grateful I am that we made the decision for me to be at home with the kids. I look at all the events & milestones throughout the years that I could have missed & realize how irreplaceable they are. Seeing the smile on my child's face when I walk into their classroom or meet them at school for lunch is something that will remain in my heart always, & hopefully in their's also.
My babies are growing up & that I can not stop. I am just so thankful that I have seen as much of their growing as possible!

This is a page that I did about Ty's first day of pre-school (September 2008). It seems like just yesterday!!
Time sure does fly!
-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment