Wednesday, August 15, 2012

"Forever" (A Canvas)

So I usually stick just to making layouts-they truly have my heart & most of my attention. But about a year ago, one of the projects that we did in my scrap club was a canvas. I was scared at first & wondered what in the world I would do with it! It wouldn't fit nicely into a 12x12 album (I am very type A)!
But once we got started painting & stamping & misting-I had a great time! Well, time did not allow us to finish the project that night, so the canvas came home with me, along with lots of ideas of how I wanted to finish it. It ended up sitting on a shelf above my scrap desk & stayed there for, like I previously mentioned, almost a year. Now, this month over at the Flying Unicorn, one of the challenges is to create a canvas. Well-what a perfect opportunity for me to finally finish mine!
I do like the way it came together in the end. Sometimes it's best to  let projects sit for awhile so that you can truly figure out what you want to do!

I used crackle paint from Tim Holtz and lots of rub-ons from my stash. I thought when the canvas was done I would hang it in our family room, but I think I want to look at it while I'm crafting. So it will probably go back on the shelf from which it came-but now it will be complete!!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great Wednesday night!
~Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment