Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Stamping with Mists

Hi y'all!!
The Flying Unicorn is hosting a Back to School event with many fun tutorials! You can check them all out here.
My tutorial went live on Sunday. We will be stamping with mists in this class. It is a lot of fun & can be messier than stamping with an inkpad, which I like! Everyone has stamps and mostly all have bottles of mists, right?! We are putting them to use in a fun way.
So first gather your supplies. You will need:
-solid colored cardstock or simple printed paper for your background
-2 (atleast) stamps
-several colored bottles of spray mist
-your choice of embellishments
other 3276.jpg
 I started by heavily spraying the mist onto my bubblewrap stamp. Stamp the first image, which will be darker and may run some, but that's okay. This look is about being messy! Continue stamping without remisting unitl you no longer have any ink on your stamp. This will add different shades of color and dimension to you project.

other 3277.jpg

other 3278.jpg
Continue stamping this way until the entire piece of cardstock is covered. Allow time for the ink to dry some. I may have waiting 20-30 minutes as I am impatient!!
other 3279.jpg
Next, grab your second stamp. I chose a script stamp and opted for black ink this time. Rather than misting onto my stamp this time, I sprayed alot onto a paper plate & dipped the stamp in the ink. Beacuse the stamp was so heavily concentrated,I blotted some before I stamped on my page.
other 3280.jpg

other 3281.jpg
You can see in the above picture how many stamped images are darker than others and some look very faded. This is the look you will get from restamping before reinking.
other 3282.jpg
Once all of your ink has dried you can continue to create your layout as you would.
I chose to group my photo and embellishments in one corner of my page to better show my stamping. I also used a white marker to circle (highlight) some of the stamped circles from the bubblewrap stamp.
other 3291.jpg
I hope you will participate in this class. Remember, the more classes you complete, the better your chances at winning the wonderful prizes!! There are three gift cards to the store  up for grabs! 
Now go get your stamps and mists & have fun!! You don't want to miss it!
~Stephanie

2 comments:

  1. Great tutorial! Never thought to use my mists for stamping...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this tutorial!!
    Thank you so much for sharing!
    Great idea! I am going to go give it a go myself now!

    Toni..
    http://toniherron.aussieblogs.com.au/

    ReplyDelete