Friday, October 14, 2011

Fall Decor

My kids love Fall & Halloween! In fact, they get more excited about decorating the house for Halloween than they do Christmas! (I am the opposite!) We have a small collection of outdoor Halloween decorations, but not too much for inside the house.
I had seen these paper pumpkins in the October issue of Scrapbooks Etc. & wanted to give them a try. They looked pretty easy (& they really were)! 
I started with a small piece of solid orange cardstock (it was actually in my scrap pile) to make the small pumpkin. I also grabbed a piece of 12x12 patterned paper to make the large pumpkin. *Note*try to use heavier cardstock or paper. It will stand up much better!
Start by cutting your paper into equal-sized strips. I used 1 inch strips. Glue the first two strips together end to end. Pull them up & glue the opposite ends together. Continue doing this to form a pumpkin shape.


  When all the strips are together, you can glue a bow on top & stack some buttons to form a "stem". Voila! Now you have a quick & inexpensive Fall decoration!
Hope you enjoyed!
-Stephanie

1 comment: