Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Heat Is On


Yep, it's July in Richmond! Last week our temps reached 104 with heat indexes of 115! It was so hot that we did not do much outdoors at all. The kids wanted to go to the pool, but honestly the water felt like bath water & was not refreshing in the least. We did go one night after dinner for about an hour &  then went downtown to see fireworks.    
Our Fourth of July was spent at a friend's house for a cook-out & more swimming in her pool. A fun time was had by all!

It is so refreshing this week to have the temps back in the 80's! We are planning lots of outdoor activities this week to make up for last week's hiatus-the pool again, bike rides, possibly the amusement park & a day trip somewhere exciting with Daddy! I'm hoping we don't see any more 100+ degree days this summer, but I know we'd never be so lucky!!

Here is the latest layout that I did for the Celebrate Summer challenge at My Scrapbook Nook. The challenge was to use 2 patterned papers, fabric & lots of layers.




I made this layout using the June kit from MSN which contained mostly Simple Stories papers & embellishments. The flower is made with fabric which I just rolled into the shape I wanted. The canvas butterfly is from Maya Road. I used a few misc. items from my stash. I really love playing along with these challenges & the way they get my creative juices flowing!

Good evening & hope you all are staying cool! 
~Stephanie
   

2 comments: