Wednesday, September 5, 2012

School Day #2

I wanted to update my blog with news about the kids' second day of school. Ty had a good day (he told me so when I picked him up at school) & had no tears this morning! I'd say that's a huge improvement! He also told me that he made friends today & played with the boys (or, the boys chased the girls) on the playground at recess. He sat with two new friends at lunch. I was so excited to hear that good news! He had art today & said it was fun & he liked it. YAY! I forgot to tell you all what he told us was his favorite part of school yesterday-LUNCH! He said he liked it best because he didn't have to do anything but sit & eat! For those that don't know Ty, that is so typically him-he loves food! And he does not like work!
Leah also had a great day! She said last night that she thinks her teacher this year just might tie as her favorite. She is striving to get all A's this year. I hope she has as good of a year as she did last year, not just academically but socially & emotionally too!
In the quiteness of the day while the kids were at school, I got to thinking of this song that I have always loved by Trace Adkins & the words have never rung truer for me:
"....Now you've got time that's all your own. You've been waiting for so long for these days to come. Then they do & that's how it is. It's just quiet in the morning. Can't believe how much you miss all they do & all they did. You want all the dreams they dreamed of to come true, then they do."    
My babies are growing up so very quickly! I never thought I'd be so sad. I always said I couldn't wait to have time to myself again. I do so miss them though.

In other news, I want to share some of the layouts that I made using the September Kit of the Month from the Flying Unicorn. I was able to make 6 layouts, 2 cards & I still have leftovers from this kit!



My first layout uses Carta Bella's Beautiful Moments paper. I punched butterflies from the Anna Griffin paper included in the kit & also made a flower from the same paper using my EK Success 3D flower punch. The flowers are from Petalloo (included in the kit) & the rub-ons that I used on the envelope are from Kaiser Craft as well.

The next layout I used Little Yellow Bicycle papers & added some Gesso to the darker blue one.



The KaiserCraft diecuts are super fun! Here I added a butterfly, the journaling card &  the flower border. I LOVE the crown rub-on from KC also (see above the butterfly)! I punched a few stars & added my title with tiny alphas from Prima, & was done! Loved the ease of working with this month's kit!!
I hope to be back soon with more to share from Vintage Harmony.
Happy Humpday!
~Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. beautiful Steph...love what you have done with the kit....and your kiddies are just so so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete