Saturday, December 1, 2012

Hello December

...you sure arrived quickly this year! But I am oh so glad! This is by far my favorite time of year. There is so much to do & so many pretty sights to see, so many delicious smells of the season, so much excitement everywhere!!! Especially in our house. Leah turns 10 in 9 days & wants to get her ears pierced so she is excited about that. And we are taking a family vacation to NYC in 2 weeks! We are all excited about that fast-approaching trip.

I don't know if I can squeeze in a December Daily album this year & we all know how miserably I failed at it last year (I still have not completed that album), so rather than putting the pressure on myself, I decided I would try to do a blog post each day in December about what we did that day or anything Christmas related. I am going to try my hardest to keep up with this & I think it will be fun to look back on & maybe even do an album later in the year!

Today I want to share my December challenge that is now up at the Flying Unicorn. It is to alter a gift box.
Here is mine
I started with a pre-made box that I got from the store for $1.00. I added some trim around the cellophane window; I placed some cotton inside to mimic snow, added a cardinal & small tree inside; used glitter alpha stickers on the outside of the cellophane to spell "jolly" & some snowflakes. I then adorned the top with a store-bought poinsettia.


Now I think it looks so festive & ready to present to someone special with some candy and/or a gift card inside! I hope you will try to play along too! I'd love to see your creations.

We are puppy-sitting today for my brother who went to a college football game with my husband. He has a 14 week old Boston Terrier named Auggie & the kids just adore him!


We are getting ready to go to a local outdoor mall that allows dogs. We will have lunch outside on the patio & walk through some stores. The kids are excited to take him out & show him off!
I hope you all have a fantastic Saturday & happy December 1st!
~Stephanie


 

No comments:

Post a Comment