Thursday, October 17, 2013

Once Upon A Sketch

Hi everyone!
I want to share today the most recent layout I have created. It began with this sketch from Once Upon A Sketch:

And here is my layout:
I started by masking then misting with the gold/orange mist. All papers here are bits from my stash.
The journaling prompt from OUAS is "journey". My journaling is on the back of my page & is about the journey that we have been on with Leah & how I have loved watching & helping her grow as a person.

 I have many embellishmens from many different manufacturers here! The feather is from October Afternoon; the bird/circle sticker in black & yellow is from Glitz; the paper flowers are from Teresa Colins.



 I love these sketches & the push it gives me to journal on my pages! That is always the hardest thing for me. The prompt really helps get me started.

Thanks for stopping by today. See ya' soon!
~Stephanie

6 comments:

  1. Journalling is one of the hardest things to do and one of the most precious things that we can leave behind. I have looked at so many photos and wondered what they were all about. I never used to journal and now I write screeds on the backs of all my layouts. I have yet to figure out a way to do it all on the front :D I f you keep doing it it will get easier I promise :D Now your layout... I love the background that you created, perfect for that dreamy photos. That quote is one of my favourites. A beautiful layout. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS this month. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that the OUAS challenge encouraged your journaling! I I know your words will be treasured by your daughter in years to come. I also adore the quotations you selected to included - so encouraging!! This is such a gorgeous page and I just adore your fabulous butterfly!! Thanks for joining us for the October Once Upon A…Sketch Challenge! I hope you’ll stop by our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page to share your layout there. ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. This layout is gorgeous. Love all the techniques you used to create a beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh marvellous background work on this one! really really such a pretty page! My fave is that lusciously gorgeous butterfly! Thanks ever so much for sharing your work with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is priceless! Thank you for playing with us over OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stephanie, congratulations on being a randomly selected winner for the October Once Upon A...Sketch challenge!! How exciting. ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete