Sunday, June 22, 2014

Creating with Sketches

Hey y'all! Good Sunday morning to you.
With summer upon us & all the busyness behind us, I had time to play along with some sketch challenges this  month. And I hope to get more done in the next 8 days!

Also, a quick reminder that the 50% off sale ends tomorrow at Lovebug Creations. Use my code STEP50 to receive half off your entire purchase!! Now is the time to stock up on ribbon, mesh & more for your summer crafts! Click here to start shopping!!!

And now on to my layouts
These layouts are using sketches from Creative Scrappers. The first one uses their sketch #270:

And here is my layout:
I started with the patterned paper from Imaginisce & splattered mist about. I raided my paper scraps drawer to punch the squares (love using up those scraps!). The number paper is from Studio Calico, as is the kraft circle border, the wood veneer star burst & the star stickers.
The paper banner is from Basic Grey & I have been hoarding it for quite some time! So glad that I finally got it on a page-I love it!! My alphas are, of course, AC Thickers.
I added a few more bits & pieces from my stash. I adore this picture of Ty & his best friend Charlie in 2009 at Charlie's super hero party! They were so little & sweet!

The next sketch is also from Creative Scrappers, #271:
   
And my layout:
This page also used lots of scraps from Echo Park & Basic Grey. I love the gold doily paper from Crate paper & have been fussy cutting the doilies to make it last! 
This was fun to create! I love adding bits & baubles to my pages & throwing things on here & there! Washi tape, buttons & sequins-oh my!! The ink & paint around the edge came last.  

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope it's a great one! Drew & I are off to see Zach Brown & the kids are staying with my mom & sister!

Scrap on!
~Stephanie 

No comments:

Post a Comment