Sunday, May 20, 2012

What's Going On?

So this is a crazy busy time of year for most people (end of school, birthdays, weddings, making summer plans, etc., etc., etc...) I am no exception!! These past few weeks have been hectic & (good) busy.

Ty has had many t-ball games & is loving the game! We are proud to say that with each game he learns more & becomes more focused. He is also the best behaved kid on the bench while in the dugout! (I know we are a tad bit biased!) But he sits still & pays attention to the game while others are playing in, & throwing dirt, or climbing the fence-you know the attention span of a typical 5 year-old. So we constantly tell him how proud he makes us & congratulate him for a game well played & good behavior.

Leah had her first SOL test last week, & though she was nervous, she felt like she did well. She also got her report card last week & once again, got striaght A's! We are so extremely proud of her & how well she has done this school year. She has an amazing teacher & I think she has made a world of difference in Leah's attitude toward school. Leah has also been busy working & doing chores to earn enough $ to buy a Kindle Fire. She reached her goal yesterday & we took her to the store so she could make her long sought after purchase. To say she was excited would be a huge understatement!! Hello screen time!

My dad turned 71 on May 12 & we had a family dinner for him at my sister's house. It's so hard to grasp the fact that my father is now over 70!! He had a great time & enjoyed all of us being together.

Ty had a Mother's Day picnic at his school & I was thrilled to be able to spend the day with him! The kids put on a puppet show for the parents & then we enjoyed a special lunch made by each child for their moms. On the menu was peanut butter & jelly sandwiches & fruit kabobs. The kids were all so proud of their culinary skills! It was definitely a special day.

Leah had field day at her school which is an event that she looks forward to all year! I was able to go for a bit in the morning & see the opening ceremonies & the highly anticipated "field day dance". Fortunately, it was not a miserably hot day, like it has been in the past, & the kids all had fun!


Needless to say, I haven't had much time to scrap but I did get a layout done for a skecth challenge at Let's Capture These Sketches. Unfortunately, I was too late in posting to enter my layout. Oh well-I'll try again this week.
Here is my layout:


And I am still using the April kit from My Scrapbook Nook! These kits are amazing!!! I can't wait to break into this month's.

I hope you all have a great Sunday!
~Stephanie


  

No comments:

Post a Comment