Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving Eve

Hi everyone & happy Thanksgiving Eve!!
I am amazed at how quickly this year is passing. Weren't we just enjoying the lazy days of summer?!
It is rainy & cold here. I have to go to the grocery store (I really don't want to) & then we need to go choose our toilet, sink & faucet for our master bath remodel.
I will share before and after pics once it is all complete, but for now I wanted to share this photo:
  Ty thought the bench that we had built in the shower was the coolest thing! He asked if he could sit on it so I instantly snapped a picture! Ha!!

I also have a layout to share. I have loved this piece of patterned paper from Glitz since I first laid eyes on it!
 
As I have said before, I am a scrap hoarder! I bought this awhile ago but did not want to use it. I needed to think of just the right way to enhance the beauty of the print & colors!
Here is what I came up with:

 I didn't want to cover up the paper too much, so I kept everything in one area. I drizzled some white paint on the cardboard & added the doily under my photo. I did a bit of whitewashing on the paper. From there I just began adding embellishments where I thought they were needed. They are a mix of Glitz, Elle's Studio, Basic Grey (the wood veneer arrow & "Look") & K&Co.



The alphas are from American Crafts Thickers. LOVE the gold glitter!
This photo is from 2 summers ago when I made a deal with the kids-if they could go an entire day without fighting, I would let them have ice cream sundaes for dinner. Well, they did it! And they got their reward-whipped cream, cherries, sprinkles & all!

I hope each and every one of you has a fabulous Thanksgiving. Enjoy the day!

Stay scrappy!
~Stephanie    

No comments:

Post a Comment