Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy 2015!

Happy (belated) New Year friends! I know I am a few days late but things got busy around here. We had a great time at our friends' wedding on New Year's Eve, despite being separated from the kids. They had fun at their aunt & uncle's house & went to the movies & had ice cream at 11:30 at night!

On New Year's day, we had a Christmas gift exchange with our neighbors & then brought in the New Year with collards & hopping john for good luck. We then went to my brother & sis-in-law's house for chili & to watch some football with family.

On the second, we traveled to Arlington National cemetery to visit my hubby's parents' graves. The cemetery looked so pretty & tranquil with a wreath on every grave.  
 
 From there we hopped over to the National Harbor to see all the decorations, have lunch & ride the Capital Wheel. That was an adventure! I felt sick for the rest of the day!! We met my sister, brother-in-law & nephew there also.



We had dinner in Olde Town Alexandria before heading home. It was a fun-filled day & A nice getaway.
 
The kids headed back to school yesterday & that was an adjustment! Ty told me yesterday afternoon that during school his brain was not working right! Too many days of playing & electronics will do that to a kid. Glad they are back on their regular schedules now!
 
I wanted to thank you all for being a part of my life via this blog. It means a lot to have followers here & the comments you send warm my heart! thanks for sticking around & here's to hoping 2015 is an amazing year for y'all!
Cheers!
~Stephanie   

No comments:

Post a Comment